Monday 13 February 2012

Speech

I always have problem expressing my opinion or just simply explaining things to my friends or lecturer. I always ended up stuttering. My friends even told me that the way I explain is weird. Like I leave some sort of a gap between my sentences. When I tell them a story, it will start from A and abruptly it will reach Z and then goes back to P. For example, when I wanted to tell them about a movie that I've watched, I will tell them the beginning of the movie then I will skip to the end. The worse part, I will go back to the middle of the story and silently pray that my friends understood what I've told them.

Yes,I am well aware that my speech is not organized. I just realized this when I entered UBD when I have to deliver my presentation. Even though I am in my fourth year now, giving presentation still scares me to death.

I think this is because when I'm in my primary and secondary school, I never have to do a presentation in class. All I did was just sit down and absorbed everything like a sponge without asking. I don't blame my teachers for this, they did try to make the class interactive. I guess it's the students that need to change their mindset. I have to say, I used to be a passive student. I don't interact enough with my lecturers as well as with my colleagues. I need to change that.

p/s: My first presentation in UBD was about me being an astronaut and I need to justify myself to the whole class why I deserve to survive a plane crash. Random yet interesting presentation topic  :)

1 comment:

  1. join Aspirasi English debate club.it can really help after some time. x)

    ReplyDelete